PERSONAL TOUCH SPOT REMOVAL CHART
No one likes it when there is a spill on the floor, but with the help of Personal Touch Carpet Care and our Home pro spotter, it can be cleaned before becoming a permanent part of the carpet. The information listed below will prepare you to properly deal with spills and keep your carpet clean for years to come.
SPOT REMOVAL STEPS
Act Quickly! Most carpet available today has been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spills can be removed easily if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the probability of a spill becoming a permanent stain. Remember, staining is influenced by many factors, and no carpet in completely stain proof.
(Important! Never use products over the counter. Only use products that are approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute.)
Example: Personal Touch Carpet Care Home Pro Spotter, Perky and Avenge these products are used by professional carpet cleaners from all over the world, so we recommend you use what the pros use.
If you are interested in any of the above products just contact us.
- Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth, or white (no printing) paper towels.
- Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing can cause pile distortion in affected area. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towels until the area is completely dry. For semi-solids, gently scrape up with a rounded spoon. Solids should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed.
- To remove tar, copy toner, grease, cosmetics, blood and more, use the above spot removal products. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to make certain the solution will not damage the fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the tested area, hold a white cloth on the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for color transfer, color change, or damage to the carpet. If a change occurs another cleaning solution should be selected. Remember our products are used by the best in the business, so most likely you should not have a problem.
- Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth, allow to sit for about 10 minutes and work in carpet gently.
- Work form the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot Blot Blot, absorb as much as possible, and repeat if necessary.
- Continue using the cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill or spot in the cloth. Only a small amount of product is needed if you need more add a little more. Be patient! Complete removal of the spill may require repeating the same step several times.
- Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water. After the spill has been completely removed. Blot with folded white towel, and then apply presser by standing on the towel. For cleaning larger spills, repeat with folded towel then apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat heavy object over night.
- For Pet Stains; only use white vinegar and water in a spray bottle, mix 4 part water and 1part vinegar. Rinse as advised above. We will recommend a better product in the future. Consult the home page and click products.
Feel free to call us if you need help.
Remember, always use what is approved.
Personal Touch Carpet Care
David Sanders / International Spot Removal Champion